John M. Weng
To bring a lighthearted personality, a collaborative spirit, and diverse game development experience to an ambitious team eager to overcome challenges greater than the sum of its members.
- Exemplary creative and technical writing ability.
- Experience with a variety of 2D (proprietary) and 3D (UnrealEd) world building tools.
- Extensive experience using Photoshop to create sprites and textures.
- Basic 3D modeling experience with Maya and Metasequoia.
- Experience with computer assembly, upgrade, and repair.
- Concept, writing, design, programming, and interface art for 2D online action-strategy game Oxidus.
- Created a complete game engine written entirely in Lua.
- Built a network solution to support passive multiplayer gameplay in a persistent online world.
- Continue to balance mechanics using player feedback, analytics, and personal judgment.
- Concept, writing, design, programming, and art for 2D action-puzzle game Cuddles.
- Created a simple, addictive design with subtle depth.
- Wrote a poetic, rhyming narrative to relay a story to players.
- Concept, writing, design, programming, and art for 2D action game Vector Knights.
- Created an original game that won the peer-reviewed competition it was created for.
- Developed a game from concept to release within a week -- less than half the allotted time.
- Devised a rendering approach for highly stylized visuals without sprites or hardware acceleration.
- 5 years of independently developing computer games.
- 10 years of creating card, board, and pen and paper games.
- 20 years of playing traditional, console, and computer games of all genres.